To see if your invention qualifies for the scholarship, the answer to the following questions must be “YES”:
1. Is your idea your original work and not that of adult mentors or guides?
2. Have you conducted research to determine that your idea is “novel” or new? (If you find an invention that is similar but your idea has novel features, you are still eligible.)
3. Is your invention a unique device on its own? (combining others’ ideas or products in a new way does not qualify as “unique”)
4. Is your device “useful”?
5. Have you identified the end users or customers of your invention?
6. Have you kept the details of your invention private? (prior public disclosure may limit patentability of your invention)